The Service Level Agreement ("SLA") describes performance and security components regarding the service provided by Entel. This Service Level Agreement (SLA) applies to
you ("Customer") if you have ordered any of the hosting services from Entel. (the "Services") and your account is current with Entel..
which are designed to protect the privacy, security and best interests of Entel’s customers. We agree to abide by the terms of this SLA, and require our
customers to do likewise. Entel shall use our best effort to
provide continuous and consistent service with respect to this SLA. Entel reserves the right to add, subtract or amend the terms of this agreement at any
time upon twenty (20) days notice. Such notice shall be given to the company administrator via e-mail and be reflected in the SLA posted on this website.
Network Access and Security
This section describes how Entel protects the hosted services against unauthorized network access and the related security measures Entel takes to protect its customers
Entelsupports 128-bit encryption via SSL Certificates.
Entel uses a redundant architecture and/or enterprise level servers provided by Dell Corporation.
Entel configures each server with a switched one hundred (100) Mbps Fast Ethernet connection. Entel connects to multiple Internet backbones through OC3 lines, within a major telecommunications hub.
Customers (or their agents) are responsible for properly maintaining the functional operation of all workstation equipment including connectivity to the Internet.
Prior to alleging any connectivity problems, the customer will verify that they are able to reach major sites such as www.google.com or www.yahoo.com.
Customer is responsible for configuration of their Internet firewall to allow the ports necessary to be used.
This section describes the significant measures Entel takes to protect customer information and contains important requirements for customers to follow to further enhance data security:
All customer data is located on secure servers or directories that require access authentication.
Entel installs third-party, anti-virus software on its front-end SMTP servers which are utilized for the Exchange service. This software is configured to check all messages coming into and leaving the Exchange server (Messages sent between mailboxes on the server are not scanned) for viruses according to the virus-detecting heuristics provided with the software. As a part of the Anti-virus software service, these heuristics are regularly updated. If a virus is detected, the message is deleted. No notification is sent to either recipient or sender of the message.
Entel employs RAID techniques to ensure the integrity of the data on its servers.
All customer data is backed up to tape using a LTO2 tape library. Entel performs full tape backups on a weekly basis and incremental backups daily.
Tapes are stored in an off-site location on a weekly basis. Nightly incremental backups are retained for two (2) weeks. Weekly backups are retained for three (3) weeks. Monthly backups are retained for six (6) months.
NOTE: Nightly and weekly backups are performed for disaster recovery purposes only.
- Entel is not responsible for data loss resulting from the failure or loss of the data storage or backup media
The following customer requirements enhance data security:
- Customers must use discretion granting administrator privileges.
- Users must not share their login identifier or password.
- We recommend that users change their passwords at least every sixty (60) days.
- Users must select passwords that are eight (4) characters or longer and should include a combination of upper and lower case with mixed alpha and numeric text.
Entel advises customers to use up-to-date, local anti-virus software. Entel is not responsible for infection of end-user devices or lost or corrupted messages due to anti-virus software running on the Exchange server.
Coverage – Definitions
As used herein, the term "Service Availability" means the percentage of a
particular month (based on 24-hour days and an assumed 30-day month) that access to Entel’s data center network, shared hosted applications, fully-managed customer servers and customer's data is available
Entel will use commercial best efforts to provide customers with 99.9% service availability relating to its hosting.
Service Availability is calculated by the number of hours the service is available to customers plus the total number of hours, if any, the service is scheduled to be unavailable, divided by the total number of hours in that month
- Customer shall not receive any credits under this SLA in connection with any failure or deficiency of Service Availability caused by or associated with:
- Circumstances beyond Entel’s reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of any governmental body, war, insurrection, sabotage, armed conflict, embargo, fire, flood, strike or other labor disturbance, interruption of or delay in transportation, unavailability of or interruption or delay in telecommunications or third party services, virus attacks or hackers, failure of third party software (including, without limitation, ecommerce software, payment gateways, chat, statistics or free scripts) or inability to obtain raw materials, supplies, or power used in or equipment needed for provision of this SLA;
- Failure of access circuits to the Entel Network, unless such failure is caused solely by Entel;
- Scheduled maintenance and emergency maintenance and upgrades;
- DNS issues outside the direct control of Entel;
- Customer's acts or omissions (or acts or omissions of others engaged or authorized by customer) including, without limitation, custom scripting or coding (e.g., CGI, Perl, HTML, ASP, etc), any negligence, willful misconduct, or use of the Services in breach of Entel’s Terms and Conditions
- Outages elsewhere on the Internet that hinder access to your account.
Credit Request and Payment Procedures
To receive a credit, the customer must make a request therefore by sending an e-mail message to email@example.com. Each request in connection with this SLA must include the dates and times of the unavailability of customer's service and must be received by Entel within ten (15) business days after the end of the calendar month when customer's service was not available. If the unavailability is confirmed by Entel, credits will be applied against the next billing cycle after Entel’s receipt of the customer's credit request.
Credits are not refundable and can be used only towards outstanding or future billing charges.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, the total amount credited to customer in a particular month under this SLA shall not exceed the total hosting fee paid by customer for such month for the affected Services.
To guarantee optimal performance of the Service, it is necessary for Entel to perform routine maintenance on the servers. Such maintenance often requires taking servers off-line and is typically performed during off-peak hours.
Entel reserves the right to plan a scheduled outage with forty-eight (48) hours advance notice. Entel will use commercial best efforts to schedule these outages at non-peak hours and limit their occurrence to strictly necessary upgrades and required maintenance.
Scheduled outages are shown in the Network Status page at cloudentel.cl or via e-mail to the designated administrator of each customer.
It is the responsibility of the administrators to notify all persons within their organizations of scheduled outages.
This section describes how Entel maintains high quality customer care to ensure customer satisfaction.
Entel technical support operates 24/7/365. Entel provides a variety of ways for customers to request help or otherwise make inquiries.
An online Support module may be used to report and track issues. The online support can be accessed via our web site. We request that all customers use the Trouble Ticket System as the first method of reporting issues, and requesting support.
24 x 7 x 365 telephone support
An online technical Knowledgebase is available at anytime on Entel’s website.
Business Continuity Provision
In the event that Entel is unable to continue service to Customer, Entel will use commercial best effort to provide no less than three (3) weeks of interim service.
During this period, Entel will provide access to and at no cost the most current data backups, as well as all necessary information, including application settings and utilities, in order to facilitate a transition of Customer's service to another provider or in-house implementation.